Oskar Ingvarsson - CV
- Address: Tjarnarstigur 8, 170 Seltjarnarnes, Iceland
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Web page: www.oskar.is
- Telephone: +354 898 8724
- Birth date: 26. December 1973
I grew up in the east part of Reykjavik until I reached 12 years of age but then moved to the west side and has lived there since. I am married to Gudrun Karlsdottir whose occupation is a student counsellor, and we have two daughters
- 2013 to present
- Tryggingamiğstöğin hf. - Manager, Software Engineering
- General people management
- Project and strategic management of new incuranse system
- Product development
- IT strategy
- 2003 to 2013
- Tryggingamiğstöğin hf. - Software Engineer, Web Development and Team leader.
- www.tryggingamidstodin.is, java/jsp/ajax programming.
- www.elisabet.is, java/jsp/ajax programming, team leader and project management.
- Planning, design and programming web interface to TM information systems.
- Implemented Java programming to TM software department.
- 2000 to 2003
- Hugur hf, www.hugurax.is - Software Engineer, Web Development and Project Management.
- Siminn hf. service web, java/jsp/html programming and project management
- Veftorg hf Portal, java/jsp/html programming.
- Landsbankinn, Corporate Self service, programming.
- LIN, www.lin.is, planning, design and programming web interface to LIN IT system, and project management.
- 1997 to 2003
- AKS hf.(now TM Software, t.is) - Software Engineer, AS/400 and Lotus Notes programming
- Programmed information systems for a few local governments.
- SIF hf., programming of a warehouse system.
- The Collaboration of AKS and Hugvits bringing/introducing Lotus Notes and GoPro document management system for a few local governments in Iceland.
- Installed, introduced and administrated Lotus Notes and GoPro programs for the town of Akureyri and Reykjanes.
- From 2000
- Working independent as a software engineer as a side job.
- Web and Lotus Notes programming for Tryggingamidstodin hf.
- Designed and implemented Web portal for a few driving schools that helped students organize their studies.
- Designed and implemented a Web based survey program for Nano ehf.
- From 1990
- Working independent as a construction worker, I used to work during summers alongside school and I occasionally still work up to this day.
- 1995 to 1997
- The Computer College (TVI) (Now named Reykjavik University), Graduated as software engineer in the spring of 1997.
- 1993 to 1995
- University of Iceland, Engineering department, quit studies after roughly 1 1/2 years.
- 1989 to 1993
- Menntaskolinn í Reykjavik (High School of Reykjavik), graduated from a physics course.
- Information technology
I have a very good knowledge of information technology, especially web infrastructure technologies, Agile, Scrum (Certified ScrumMaster), Extreme programming, software testing (ISTQB Certified Tester).
- Windows, very good, 15 years.
- Apple, Mac OS X, good, 7 years.
- Linux, good, 3 years.
- AS/400 (iSeries), very good, 10 years.
- A good knowledge of Word and Excel.
- Java, very good, 6 years.
- .Net, good, 3 years.
- HTML, very good, 6 years.
- CSS, good, 3 years.
- PHP, very good, 5 years.
- RPG, good, 3 years.
- Lotus Notes (programming and administration), very good, 5 years.
- SQL, good, 4 years.
- DB/2, good, 4 years.
- SQL Server, good, 3 years.
- Oracle, fairly good, 2 years.
- MySQL, good, 4 years.
- Know and have worked for a short time with: C, C++, Delphi, Unix shell languages, Apple Script, Excel programming, iPhone programming, Ruby og Perl.
People management and leadership experience 3+ years.
Recruiting experience 2+ years
- Project Management
Project manager of big software projects (20+ man-year) and smaller projects (5- man-year).
I have gotten to know how the Icelandic administration works very well through my projects for various local governments.
- Construction work
I have a fairly good experience of overseeing projects and as a foreman during construction.
- Preparing iron bars for use in reinforced concrete, very good
- Carpentry, houses and furniture, good
- Electric welding, good.
- The Human Factor
I have good social and communication skills and I adjust very fast to changed situations. I have no problem distinguishing the insignificant from the significant.
- Icelandic - Native language.
- Danish - Fairly good understanding have written text but not fit for a conversation.
- English - Good understanding have both written text and can engage in conversations.
- German - Fairly good understanding have written text but not fit for a conversation.
Information technology, people, politics, movies, literature, travelling, cars, enjoying nature and much more.